- Partner, 2008
Originally from Stephenville, Texas, Kay Hyde-Patton grew up on a peanut farm with cattle. She received a Bachelor's in English at Tarleton State University and was a Texas high school English teacher/librarian for five years. Her family moved to Eugene, Oregon in 1997. Kay Hyde-Patton attended the University of Oregon School of Law.
Kay has 17 years' experience as an attorney. For her, the firm has everything she wants-- long-standing community roots, good clients, and attorneys with a team mentality who work to assist their clients in the best way possible.
Kay's areas of expertise include estate planning, estate administration, elder law, and business law. In her own words, Kay identifies the one problem she is best at solving for her clients as "the legal ones. Clients will come with a bundle of issues. I assist in separating legal issues from non-legal ones, and then focus on resolutions pertaining to the legal issues. My clients say they enjoy working with me. My insight in the law and how it pertains to them make their choices easier."
She received a Partnership Award from the Eugene Police Department in 2010, and was nominated for Portland's Daily Journal of Commerce (DJC) 2010 Up & Coming Lawyers Award. Kay is also highly involved in her field and community. She is former chair of the Oregon State Bar Elder Law Executive Committee. The Committee is responsible for quarterly newsletters to Oregon attorneys on specific issues in elder law, and coordinating CLE's (continuing legal education hours) to educate attorneys in Oregon, and reviewing and making suggestions to our legislature regarding Oregon law. She also teaches Legal and Financial planning for the local chapter of Alzheimer's Association, and is currently chair of the Willamalane Park Foundation, a non-profit that supports Willamalane Park and Recreation District.
When not at work or busy with volunteering, Kay enjoys spending time with her family, reading, watching movies, attending sporting events, and walking her dog.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Administration (Probate, Conservatorships, Guardianships)
- Estate Planning (Wills and Trusts)
- Business Law ( Limiter Liability Companies, Closely held Corporations, Contracts)
- Elder Law (Medicaid, Guardianship, Conservatorships and Elder Abuse)
- Oregon, 2003
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- Tarleton State University Stephenville, TX
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- Partnership Award from the Eugene Police Department
- Portland's Daily Journal of Commerce (DJC) Up & Coming Lawyers Nominee
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon State Bar Elder Law Executive Committee, Member
- Lane County Bar Association, Member
- Oregon State Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Springfield Twin Rivers Rotary, Member since 2005, President 2016
- Past President, Springfield City Club, Member, 2011
- Springfield City Club, Member, 2011 to 2011
- Willamalane Park Foundation, Board Member, 2014
- Alzheimer's Association, Oregon Chapter
- Cascade Manor, Board Member, 2016
- Cascade Coast Regional Action Committee, Member, 2015
- Springfield Young Readers, Founding Board Member