- Partner, 2008
Originally from Stephenville, Texas, Kay grew up on a peanut farm with cattle. She received a Bachelor's in English at Tarleton State University and was a Texas high school teacher/librarian for five years. Her family moved to Eugene, Oregon in 1997. Kay attended the University of Oregon School of Law.
Kay has 20+ years' experience as an attorney. For her, the firm has everything she wants - long-standing community roots, good clients, and attorneys with a team mentality who work to assist their clients in the best possible way.
Kay's areas of expertise include estate planning, estate administration, elder law, and business law. In her own words, kay identifies the one problem she is best at solving for her clients as "the legal ones. Clients will come in with a bundle of issues. I assist in separating legal issues from non-legal ones, and then focus on resolutions pertaining to the legal issues. My clients say they enjoy working with me. My insight in the law and how it pertains to them make their choices easier."
Kay is highly involved in her field and community. She is former chair of the Oregon State Bar Elder Law Executive Committee, and actively coordinates with the committee CLE (continuing legal education) hours to educate Oregon attorneys. She has been an active member of the Willamalane Park Foundation, a nonprofit that supports Willamalane Park and Recreation District.
When not at work or busy with volunteering, Kay enjoys spending time with her husband, kids, grandchildren and family, reading, watching movies, attending sporting events and walking her dogs.
Areas Of Practice
- Estate Administration – Probate, Small Estate Affidavits, Guardianships, Conservatorships and Trust Administration
- Estate Planning – Wills and Trusts
- Business Law – Limited Liability Companies, Closely Held Corporations, Contracts
- Elder Law – Medicaid, Guardianship, Conservatorships and Elder Abuse
- Special Needs Trusts
- University of Oregon School of Law, Eugene, Oregon
- J.D. - 2003
- Tarleton State University Stephenville, TX
- Major: English
Honors and Awards
- Kay received a Partnership Award from the Eugene Police Department in 2010, and was nominated for Portland’s Daily Journal of Commerce (DJC) 2010 Up & Coming Lawyers Award
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Oregon State Bar, Member
- Lane County Bar Association, Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Springfield Twin Rivers Rotary, Member since 2005, President 2016
- Willamalane Park Foundation, Board Member 2014
- Springfield Young Readers, Founding Board Member