"Solutions are not always found in the law, but rather by focusing on the people we represent and their particular situation." — Patrick Melendy

Springfield Lawyers For Modification Of Child Support

Adjusting For Major Life Changes

Months or years after your final divorce decree has been issued and your court orders have been registered, you may find that your life changes drastically. You may lose your job, or sustain a severe injury, making it impossible to pay the amount of child support you had been paying previously. You may not have been able to find a job in the time allotted by the court order, necessitating an alimony modification to extend payments. Your kids may have very different schedules as young adults than when you made your parenting plan.

You can ask for a modification of court orders whenever there has been a substantial change in circumstances that was not reasonably foreseeable at the entry of the last court order.

At Leahy Cox, LLP, we can help you petition for the following modifications to your court orders:

  • Parenting time
  • Child custody
  • Child support
  • Spousal support

Our Springfield child support modification attorneys will educate you on all of your available options so that you can make informed decisions. We will work with your former spouse and his or her attorney as the process moves forward.

Eugene, Oregon, Custody Modification Attorneys

Each county has local rules on the practice of family law and on modifications of court orders. Our lawyers will verify that your modification request can be accommodated by the county rules before we proceed.

We recommend negotiation or a mediation session with a neutral mediator because this speeds up the process and is much more cost-efficient. We know that there will be circumstances when this will not be effective. We are experienced trial lawyers along with being skilled negotiators. We will give you the best representation possible.

Turn To Leahy Cox, LLP, For Solutions To Your Problems

Call us at 541-357-9903 or contact us online to schedule an initial consultation.