Leahy, Van Vactor, Cox & Melendy, LLP
Experienced Representation
You Can Trust Serving Oregon Since 1949
Local 541-357-9903 Toll Free 866-951-0032

December 2014 Archives

Pilar Sanders loses parenting time after violating custody plan

Most parents in Oregon might assume that nothing could stand between them and access to their child, but what happens when an ex refuses to bring the children back? It's understandable that a parent may end up confused, especially if he or she has a child custody agreement that explicitly spells out when parenting time is available for both parties. In many situations, petitioning the courts to have an agreement modified can be a successful option.

Oregon children can benefit from paternity being established

The role that a parent plays in the life of his or her child, whether for the best or worst, may be undeniable. However, various factors can make it difficult for a parent to assume the role that he or she is meant to play. In particular, unmarried parents might need to first establish paternity to ensure that all parties are as protected as possible.